I have a million thoughts running through my head lately so here goes:
- I can’t believe that we are at 4.5 months. It’s not time to start thinking about solids (well not for a month and a half – I think I’m going to wait till 6 months) but I am right now researching high chairs. I really want this one but the husband says it’s too much to spend on one. Thoughts? Anyone think it’s worth the price?
- At 4.5 months I feel like I want another baby. Am I crazy? Probably. I think we’ll wait a little longer but I’m still getting antsy thinking about it.
- I forgot to mention but we stopped swaddling cold turkey last week. After swaddling one night last week she just cried and struggled to get free so we took the swaddle off and never looked back. I was concerned but it went really well. She was definitely ready to be done with it.
- I am obsessed with Emily’s bread. I want to make this, this, this, oh and this. I should really get on that…
- After mentioning that we had a cold the other day, Abby started to get really cranky and started pulling at her ear. I got worried that she might have an ear infection so after calling the doctor we brought her in to get checked. Nope, she just had a small viral sinus infection. She ended up spending that day sleeping much more then usual (she slept in an extra hour and a half, plus extra long naps). I think she was just fighting off that pesky cold. She is much better now. Back to her usual self.
- Do babies have a volume button? Mine definitely needs one. After being much quieter while she was sick one – she is back to chatting away. But OMG is she ever loud sometimes. I guess she just wants to be heard.
- Abby is all about sitting up right now. She can now sit up on her own for minutes at a time. I just can’t leave her alone doing it yet because once she is done with it she will just tumble over. No warning she just tumbles. She now wants to always be sitting and playing. No more back playing for her.
- Speaking of playing – she still isn’t a fan of her tummy. We continue to work on it and she is getting more and more comfortable but it is slow going. Every time I put her one her tummy she just rolls back to her back and then looks up and me a smiles. It’s adorable. I keep rolling her back to her tummy and hope that once she figures out how to get from her back to her tummy on her own she might like it more. She is working on rolling in that direction (she can rock side to side) but hasn’t made it over yet.
- The weather here is gorgeous! I am loving the spring like weather and the fact that we’ve made it out for two walks this week. I’m hoping to get them in as long as it stays nice.
Totally random, I know. I’m crossing my fingers I get Abby’s four month update done before the end of the week. Wish me luck!
Speaking of High Chairs, what high chair did you use? Did you like it? Do you have any recommendations for me?